To raise money from venture capital firms and angel investors, it's a requirement to have a presentation "pitch deck".
But presenting your startup business clearly and concisely in a limited time is a challenge...
How do you include your product vision and development plan, target market analysis, go-to-market strategy, your team, competition, and especially your sales traction and financials all in just a few minutes to attract investment?
Free Pitch Deck Templates
Using a template to organize your new venture's plans can be a big help.
And there's no need to reinvent the wheel here, there are many proven pitch deck templates available free online.
Here are several links to high quality pitch deck templates that can be useful to your investment pitch, too:
- Guy Kawasaki popularized his 10-20-30 approach for pitching a startup business here:
- Business Insider recently shared this list of successful investor pitch decks, too (including AirBnB, Carta, Uber, and several more):
- UnDeck shared a useful compilation of free pitch deck template design resources and graphics, too:
Plus, here's the legendary Sequoia Capital outline...
Venture capital firm Sequoia Capital posted this outline for a business plan several years ago:
- Company purpose Start here: define your company in a single declarative sentence. This is harder than it looks. It’s easy to get caught up listing features instead of communicating your mission.
- Problem Describe the pain of your customer. How is this addressed today and what are the shortcomings to current solutions.
- Solution Explain your eureka moment. Why is your value prop unique and compelling? Why will it endure? And where does it go from here?
- Why now? The best companies almost always have a clear why now? Nature hates a vacuum—so why hasn’t your solution been built before now?
- Market potential Identify your customer and your market. Some of the best companies invent their own markets.
- Competition / alternatives Who are your direct and indirect competitors. Show that you have a plan to win.
- Business model How do you intend to thrive?
- Team Tell the story of your founders and key team members.
- Financials If you have any, please include.
- Vision If all goes well, what will you have built in five years?
Other folks later turned it into a pitch deck template you can see here: https://piktochart.com/blog/startup-pitch-decks-what-you-can-learn/
What other investor pitch deck templates do you recommend?
Please share your favorites in the Comments below?
WHAT’S YOUR NEWS? - Does your company have articles, events, or announcements to share?
OR, WHAT DO YOU THINK? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!