UCI Professor Neil Sahota has published his first book, a guide to unlocking the potential of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to help grow your business.
From McGraw-Hill; May 24, 2019:
Artificial intelligence (A.I.) is bettering the human condition. It can review a patient's medical tests and instantly produce an accurate diagnosis; serve as "eyes" for the blind and vision-impaired; provide expert legal advice in seconds; act as an ever-energetic personal consiglieri, handling everything from booking theater tickets to cooking meals based on voice commands; help avoid biases in decision-making; accurately predict stock market activity based on the sociopolitical zeitgeist, and more.
You need to know how to navigate and leverage A.I. in practical terms, so you can “Uber” yourself or your company before you get Kodaked—in short, disrupt yourself (and reap the benefits) so you are not disrupted by a competitor.
In their new book OWN THE A.I. REVOLUTION: Unlock Your Artificial Intelligence Strategy to Disrupt Your Competition (McGraw-Hill; May 24, 2019; hardcover $30.00), Neil Sahota and Michael Ashley demystify A.I., providing a future-forward look at the multitude of business opportunities it will offer, as well as the risks. It is a definitive primer on everything you need to
be a leader in this revolution.
Sahota, IBM Master Inventor and former World Wide Business Development Leader (Watson Group), and the A.I. expert who helped create the A.I. ecosystem that famously won Jeopardy, has been an A.I. subject matter expert to the United Nations for the past four years and helped co-found their A.I. for Good initiative. This spring, he is speaking at the UN’s “A.I. for Good Global Summit” in Geneva, and China’s Future Sci-Tech City and Alibaba hosted him in A.I. Town in March to share some of OWN THE A.I. REVOLUTION’s important themes.
In addition to providing an in-depth tutorial on A.I., the authors focus on nuts-and-bolts business practicalities: how to find off-the-shelf A.I. solutions, assemble the best team, perform a cost/benefit analysis of implementing it into business strategies, train/test the A.I., and ensure you remain current and ahead of the curve.
Among the topics the new book discusses are:
- The A.I. Consiglieri - Imagine a right-hand assistant that is super smart and predictive, an outsourced artificial mind that can help create new ideas, predict market trends, and negotiate on your behalf.
- Business Intelligence - Want to know the price of oil futures in Q4? How about the success of an upcoming IPO? Turn to artificial intelligence for answers. Informed by data, it can predict what is likely to happen, no matter the industry.
- Want to Know Your Ideal Partner? Ask a Robot - Privy to our personal data, A.I.-based applications can make better predictions as to whom we should date and marry than even our family, closest friends, and yes, ourselves.
- Smart Marketing - A.I. marketing can predict who is going to buy, what they’re going to buy, when they’re going to buy, and how much they’re going to buy better than any person or focus group.
- Travel (Intelligent) Agent - Top resort and hospitality organizations have seized on A.I. to offer more customized, fulfilling customer experiences, beginning with understanding and predicting users’ behavior when it comes to travel, accommodation, entertainment, dining, and night life.
- Agro A.I. - Today’s farmers use A.I. to consider soil content, develop market prognostications, and offer long-range weather forecasts to determine what crops to plant and when. A.I. can also use more complex developments, like geopolitical trends, to offer a Butterfly Effect view of what’s coming next.
- 10th Man A.I. - An antidote to detrimental organization-wide group think, named for the policy that if ten people hypothetically agreed to a particular course of action, it is the sworn duty of the tenth person to disagree. Group think’s danger lies in conformity and its ability to muck up the facts. 10th Man A.I. is a potent procedure to counter group think and avoid biases in decision-making.
OWN THE A.I. REVOLUTION also features exclusive interviews with today's cutting-edge experts and thought leaders in diverse industries including Peter Diamandis, founder and executive chairman of XPRIZE; New York Times bestselling author and Pulitzer-Prize nominee Steven Kotler; David Hanson, founder and chairman of Hanson Robotics; founder and CEO of blockchain-based AI marketplace SingularityNET, Ben Goertzel; serial entrepreneur and futurist Stephen Ibaraki, chairman of REDDS Capital; Michael Gerber, called by Inc. Magazine the World’s #1 Small Business Guru, and one of the five all-time bestselling authors on business; renowned civil litigator Tom Girardi of Girardi Keese, regarded as one of the nation’s top trial lawyers; and others on the myriad ways the business world is transforming through A.I.
Compelling, thought provoking, and easy to follow, OWN THE A.I. REVOLUTION is a must-read for individuals who want to know how A.I. will shape our futures and jobs, and how to harness the potential of this transformative technology.
About the Authors
Neil Sahota is a sought-after business consultant, pioneer in business-applied A.I., and has been an A.I. subject matter expert for the United Nations for the past four years. He helped co- found the UN’s A.I. for Good initiative. A TED speaker and UC Irvine professor, as an IBM Master Inventor and former World Wide Business Development Leader (Watson Group), he helped create the AI system that famously won Jeopardy.
Michael Ashley is a former Disney screenwriting consultant and coauthor of several bestsellers. A guest contributor to Forbes on issues concerning A.I. and tech, Michael is a regular keynote speaker and radio talk show guest on cultural matters and thought leadership.
OWN THE A.I. REVOLUTION: Unlock Your Artificial Intelligence Strategy to Disrupt Your Competition
By Neil Sahota and Michael Ashley
Hilsinger-Mendelson / 212-725-7707
Sandi Mendelson; email@example.com
David Kass; firstname.lastname@example.org