The COVID-19 virus is spreading in the Orange County community.
The OC Public Health Agency website is a good source for updated information and advice on keeping our community healthy and safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
There is an outbreak of respiratory illness that was first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China in 2019 caused by a novel (new) coronavirus (or COVID-19).
The HCA is working with federal, state, and local partners including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and health care providers on preparedness efforts and to guide appropriate care for people who may be at risk for illness associated with COVID-19 or who have tested positive.
- Total number of people tested by HCA Public Health Lab (PHL) and by commercial labs = 377
- HCA PHL has kits available to test 990 specimens
What You Can Do
- High-risk populations which include older adults (ages 65 and higher) as well as people who have serious, chronic medical conditions (like heart disease, diabetes and lung disease) are at higher risk for contracting COVID-19. These individuals should self-isolate at home.
- Residents should practice good health hygiene which includes washing your hands, staying home if you are sick, avoiding close contact with people who are sick and covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your sleeve (not hands).
- Minimizing risk through social distancing whenever possible which includes avoiding attendance at large gatherings (250 people or more). Small gatherings should be limited to no more than 10 people and provide social distancing of six feet per person.
- Maintain vigilance and personal readiness which includes being prepared if there is COVID-19 in your household or a disruption of daily activities in your community. For example, maintain a supply of medications, food and other essentials in your house.
- Call ahead: If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, stay home while you are ill. If you need to seek medical care, call your health care provider first so that appropriate precautions can be taken.
For the most updated information on this outbreak please visit the Center for Disease Control's CDC COVID-19 website.
Stay healthy and safe everyone!
WHAT’S YOUR NEWS? - Does your company have articles, events, or announcements to share?
OR, WHAT DO YOU THINK? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!