Orange County technology ecosystem entrepreneurs are encouraged to apply to the National Security Innovation Network's Defense Innovation Accelerator.
The NSIN Defense Innovation Accelerator pairs technology developed in Department of Defense (DoD) laboratories with potential startup founders interested in starting a high-tech company.
Teams are paired with knowledgeable instructors and mentors who have entrepreneurial experience and/or are experts in their field to guide the process.
Working with top DoD research labs and inventors, teams will validate whether the technology can be commercialized to solve problems faced by the DoD and beyond. At the end of the cohort, teams will present labs with a market assessment report and may seek to form companies and license the technology.
How It Works
Over approximately two months, teams will explore the commercial viability of a cutting-edge technology from a top-tier research and development lab within the DoD and potentially create a company through licensing the technology.
For 2020, the following intellectual property themes have been prioritized for development and acceleration:
- Cybersecurity and secure communications
- Autonomous systems
- Artificial intelligence
- Virtual reality and computer vision
- Human performance
- The Defense Innovation Accelerator program aims to make it easier and faster for entrepreneurs to commercialize technology from DoD labs
- NSIN helps startup teams facilitate DoD customer discovery, assess DoD market potential, achieve product/mission fit and potentially raise non-dilutive funding
- Apply before May 28, 2020.
- Click here for application: https://recruiting.fedtech.io/dia
Learn more about the Defense Innovation Accelerator here.
Thanks to the NSIN and DIA for the information and graphics - and to Jim Pickell of Tech Coast Angels for tip!
WHAT’S YOUR NEWS? - Does your company have articles, events, or announcements to share?
OR, WHAT DO YOU THINK? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!