An Orange County startup is hiring!
skyTran is looking for a VP Engineering to join their team.
This is a foundational role in building a world-class team and technology. We are looking for someone who is capable of building processes from scratch in a truly unique engineering and business climate. You will report directly to the CEO.
Be a key voice in developing skyTran’s strategic roadmap. Navigate a complex environment of stakeholders, extract key insights, and drive product direction.
- Hiring and managing a very rapidly growing engineering organization
- Driving engineering and operational excellence through well-defined metrics and best practices.
- Working with executive leadership to identify strategic engineering priorities, and delivering an aligned engineering roadmap.
- Making executive technology decisions on behalf of the company.
- Manage engineering external relationships including top-class vendors.
- Ensuring that the technological resources and competitive advantage meet the company's short and long-term needs.
- Travel between U.S. and India offices as necessary.
- 10+ years of senior management experience leading multi-disciplinary, geographically distributed engineering organizations of at least 100 employees
- Senior management experience in a high-growth organization
- 15+ years of exceptional technical experience across a variety of engineering areas, including:
- Hardware design and/or robotics
- Electric power systems
- Embedded hardware/software systems
- Communications and networking
- Civil works
- Experience directly applying V-model of product development
- Excellent senior leadership presence and maturity, ability to deal effectively with a wide range of personalities and styles.
- Experience in the transportation industry is a strong plus.
- Experience with development of complex products in safety-critical or regulated environment is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of IEC-61508, ISO-26262, or similar.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is ambitious and seeks to push themselves and his/her team to deliver at the boundaries of what is possible.
- Desires a strategic impact at the executive level.
- Can handle the most complex technical challenges, and effectively communicate core issues and insights to the executive team.
- Is analytical, makes data-based decisions, and can effectively incorporate business-case imperatives into short- and long-term planning.
- Empowers a self-motivated team of the highest caliber.
- Has an entrepreneurial focus and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Has taken a hardware technology concept successfully through to production.
We are a tight-nit and ambitious team - our motto is "One Team, One Ride". Everyone is valued for their contributions and has a responsibility to both challenge and support the team. We overcome challenges and enjoy victories together.
Inclusion is a core part of skyTran’s vision, and valuing all voices is a key company value. skyTran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Thanks to skyTran for offering this local job opportunity, the details, and the graphic!
Is your company hiring in Orange County? Submit your job listings here.
WHAT’S YOUR NEWS? - Does your company have articles, events, or announcements to share?
OR, WHAT DO YOU THINK? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!