An Orange County startup is hiring!
Check out this new local VP Product Management job opportunity from skyTran :
skyTran is looking for a VP Product Management to join their team.
This is a foundational role in driving long-term product development and deployment strategies. We are looking for someone who is capable of building processes from scratch in a truly unique engineering and business climate. You will report directly to the CEO.
Be a key voice in developing skyTran’s strategic roadmap. Navigate a complex environment of stakeholders, extract key insights, and drive product direction.
- Represent critical stakeholders for skyTran’s customers - such as municipalities, regulatory authorities, and end users - and drive strategic product decision-making.
- Work directly with Systems Engineering and Program Management to balance marketing inputs with solid business decision-making.
- Provide critical input to Marketing and Sales, communicating skyTran’s product roadmap.
- Identify opportunities to innovate in the planning and deployment of disruptive infrastructure.
- Guide the creation of technical tools that will transform how infrastructure is planned and deployed.
- Building processes to ensure functional requirements are effectively captured, planned, and delivered by Engineering.
- Initially managing 1-2 employees, and building a world-class product team across multiple geographies.
- 12+ years of experience in product management, and at least 5 years in a leading role
- Experience in engineering or otherwise highly-technical roles
- 5+ years of experience in transportation and/or infrastructure industries
- Experience working on international projects
- Very strong interpersonal skills, driving alignment between engineering, marketing, and program management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially in conveying technical content to general audiences
- Experience working with international standards and regulations
- Bias towards data-based decision-making, such as building financial models to inform and communicate key product decisions
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has extended experience playing a critical role in a high-growth environment
- Has designed and executed a customer discovery process for a new product
- Has worked in product development in a regulated space
- Is excited to travel in pursuit of building a globally-transformational product
- Enjoys breaking down complex problems into fundamentals, and building a focused strategy and plan
We are a tight-nit and ambitious team - our motto is "One Team, One Ride". Everyone is valued for their contributions and has a responsibility to both challenge and support the team. We overcome challenges and enjoy victories together.
Inclusion is a core part of skyTran’s vision, and valuing all voices is a key company value. skyTran is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Thanks to skyTran for offering this local job opportunity, the details, and the graphic!
Is your company hiring in Orange County? Submit your job listings here.
WHAT’S YOUR NEWS? - Does your company have articles, events, or announcements to share?
OR, WHAT DO YOU THINK? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!