Thanks to The Savvy Founder's Philip Topham for interviewing our CEO Scott Fox for startup founder advice.
In this episode we discuss what it was like to raise money just before the dot bomb and what it’s like today; how to get more entrepreneurs capable to launch, build and grow their startup business; and how the Scott founded the OC Startup Council to help startups. We talk about how to build an Orange County startup culture in, where people are excited to help startups.
- Popular perception lags media coverage, and the media coverage lags reality
- Raising money was never easy. It’s always been an insider’s game. The media has simplified it; the history books have simplified it. And the media loves – just like they like lottery winners.
- It’s a benefit to startups to have diversity of opinions and education, background and culture.
- Diversity isn’t diversity just for diversity’s sake – its drives the bottom line, provides additional creativity, additional horsepower and that makes things better.
- New entrepreneurs always start with how do I get money – the investor wants to know do I trust you to deliver? Do I believe you can do this? And that is hard to teach.
- The innovation economy is here. Where do we think innovation going to come from? From a startup.
- The more we share stories [about entrepreneurship] the more it normalizes success and failure. If your business fails, you’ll be okay. You will always have another chance “at bat.”
- Having a new idea isn’t wrong but being too early with the new idea is wrong.
Listen to the full podcast here: https://www.philiptopham.com/ep-11-scott-fox-on-building-a-diverse-startup-community-in-orange-county/
WHAT’S YOUR NEWS? - Does your company have articles, events, or announcements to share?
OR, WHAT DO YOU THINK? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!