An Orange County startup is hiring!
Check out this new local QA Engineer job opportunity from Nortridge Software :
Nortridge Software is looking for a Quality Assurance and Testing Engineer to join their team.
The software quality assurance and testing resource will be responsible for testing new and existing functionality of Nortridge software product. The QA resource will own the risk to our business and ensure all releases conform to functionality specifications and are free of any defects.
An important aspect of this role is to perform analysis of functionality specifications to define and outline test cases and scenarios. All test runs need to be properly documented.
The QA resource will also be responsible to analyze and triage issues reported by our support department. The reported issues need to be validated before logging as bugs for the development team to resolve.
Due to the complexity and nature of financial software, our core application is a desktop application. There is a limited functionality web application that is also distributed. Our current platform offers web services which many of our clients integrate into. We plan to expand the web services portfolio to empower new mobile and web front-ends.
The ideal candidate has a passion for leadership and able to work independently. The candidate is expected to be a team player who will be working alongside developers, quality assurance engineers, technical writers, and product managers.
* This position is remote during COVID.
Required Skills and Experience
- Fast learner and able to understand new concepts quickly.
- Ability to analyze and convert requirements to test cases.
- Conduct manual testing of applications. Attempt to find edge cases – where the application might fail – to minimize risk to business.
- Expand on existing automated testing. Find new ways to automate testing as much as possible. Company will provide a supportive environment to learn and implement test automation.
- Properly and thoroughly document test results.
- Experienced in database systems (SQL Server or Oracle).
- Proficient in using Windows and office productivity software like Microsoft Office.
- Experience using issue/bug tracking systems.
- High organizational and time management skills.
- Team player with ability to work alongside other team members and groups.
- Be professional and courteous while hold up department policies and procedures.
- Own assigned tasks and see them through to completion.
- Understand software development life cycle from requirements, analysis, development, QA and release.
- Any experience or background in software development.
- Understanding software development technologies like XML, JSON and HTML.
- Experience in financial services industry or similar business.
- Working knowledge of business concepts in finance and accounting.
- Prior financial software implementation or rollout experience.
- Excellent communication skills. The appropriate candidate must demonstrate a strong command of both written correspondence as well as oral communication.
About Nortridge Software
Nortridge Software has a mission to create the most flexible loan servicing software that offers loan servicing operations from origination to collections and reporting. For over 20 years, Nortridge has been empowering organizations that are redefining the lending industry. Our software is the engine that will drive the lending platforms of the future.
Nortridge is completely privately owned. A start-up culture and atmosphere is maintained at Nortridge; while having the financial stability of established companies. Everyone’s ideas are heard. Every employee’s contribution makes an impact and is duly recognized.
Thanks to Nortridge Software for offering this local job opportunity, the details, and the graphic!
Is your company hiring in Orange County? Submit your job listings here.
WHAT’S YOUR NEWS? - Submit your company news, deals, opinions, or job listings here for FREE PUBLICITY.
OR, WHAT DO YOU THINK? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!