Applications Now Open for Pitch. Launch. Grow. (Win free lab space!)
Are you a life science start-up? Pitch to win FREE lab space for 1-year.
Launch Your Innovation: University Lab Partners (ULP) announces the 3rd annual launch of Orange County’s pitch competition for life science startups, Pitch. Launch. Grow.
Applicants have the opportunity to apply for 2 tracks, life science and medical technologies. The life science track includes companies developing technology in the fields of drug discovery, pharmaceuticals, and therapeutics. The medical technologies track includes companies developing medical devices, diagnostics, and digital health innovations.
One (1) winner from each track will receive priority admission and/or renewal to ULP, 1-year sponsored lab space at ULP, and a $10,000 cash prize.
Start-ups can refine their pitches while attending the 4-part development series focused on the fundamentals of creating a life science company. Finalists will be selected by a panel of startup experts including early-stage industry strategic partners and investors. The finalists will pitch live at the Demo Day on August 23rd, 2023, in Irvine, CA where the winners will be announced.
Applications open May 8, 2023, until June 5, 2023.
The life science track can include companies operating in the fields of drug discovery, pharmaceuticals, and therapeutics offering innovative products and services. These solutions are designed to improve patient outcomes, accelerate research, and enhance the overall efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare systems.
A medical technology company has developed unique solutions to address challenges faced by patients, healthcare providers, and the broader healthcare industry. The medical technologies track includes companies developing medical devices, diagnostics, and digital health innovations.
May - Applications Open
- May 8, 2023 - Applications Open
June - Pitch Prep
- June 5, 2023 - Applications Close
- Applicants can attend Life Science Startup Series starting June 6, 2023. The 4-part series is designed to take you through the fundamentals of creating a life science startup that meets investors' criteria. Will cover the key elements of a pitch deck that will help you tell your story and attract funding, focusing on 4 major areas: business essentials, the market, the executive team, and financial projections.
July - Judges Review Proposals
- July 5, 2023 - Deadline to submit final pitches to vetting judges.
Final pitches should include the usual investor pitch content as well as a slide on what the applicant will use the competition prize for and how it will get their company to their next milestone. If you do not submit a final pitch the original pitch deck will be used.
August - Demo Day
- August 1, 2023 - Finalists will be announced.
- August 23, 2023 - Winners will be announced at the in-person demo day.
WHAT’S YOUR NEWS? - Submit your company news, deals, opinions, or job listings here for FREE PUBLICITY.
See the Directory of OC Startups. Join the OCSC to list your company, too!
AND - Subscribe for FREE OC Startup News here!
OR, WHAT DO YOU THINK? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!