An Orange County startup is hiring!
Check out this new local Community Navigator job opportunity from RevHubOC :
RevHubOC is looking for a Community Navigator to join their team!
Under the direction of the Hub Director, the Community Navigator will provide information and resources to entrepreneurs in underserved and under-resourced communities, with a focus on communities of color. This position will be responsible for outreach, engagement, and support to entrepreneurs, with a focus on building and managing relationships, identifying challenges and opportunities, and resource navigation.
This position will play a critical role in helping build the social enterprise ecosystem in Orange County and help create illuminated pathways and zero barriers to entrepreneurship, especially social entrepreneurship, for underrepresented, under-resourced communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with collaborating organizations to implement outreach programs and activities to engage with aspiring entrepreneurs in underserved and under-resourced communities
- Identify and connect aspiring entrepreneurs with relevant resources, including educational workshops and technical support services, that are culturally responsive and equitable
- Participate in the development of a comprehensive database of community assets, opportunities, and resources for aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Participate in the development of a system for intaking aspiring entrepreneurs, assessing their needs, and making referrals as needed
- Maintain data management systems to track outreach, engagement, and referral of aspiring entrepreneurs
- Participate in the development and execute early-stage exploration programming for aspiring social entrepreneurs to help them successfully access Ideation and Incubation program opportunities
- Participate in the development of impact metrics with a focus on continued improvement
- Develop and execute an annual calendar of workshops, events, and activities to drive community engagement, incubator participation and deal flow/pathways to venture creation
- Conduct presentations to raise awareness of NorthSTAR OC/RevHubOC resources and to educate the ecosystem about social enterprise
- Collaborate with the RevHubOC Navigators to streamline resources and opportunities
- Provide regular updates to the Hub Director on progress and impact of program
- Support the development and maintain relationships with community stakeholders including but not limited to entrepreneurs, business organizations, community centers, nonprofits, universities, business associations, and corporations
- Manage events and activities at Neighborhood Hubs (virtual and in person) to local entrepreneurs to drive awareness, engagement, education
- Collaborate with other entrepreneur support organizations to increase access to resources and support for entrepreneurs
- Represent RevHubOC at events and community activities as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in community outreach and engagement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a deep understanding of cultural competency and the ability to engage with diverse communities
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with an ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Strong facilitation skills. You are comfortable speaking and presenting both virtually and in person. You are well-versed in group facilitation techniques.
COMPUTER & EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
- Has good general knowledge of computer operations; uses a keyboard and calculator proficiently and with a high degree of accuracy
- Uses Microsoft Office Word, Power Point, and Excel as well as Internet and email programs proficiently
- Uses typical office equipment (i.e., fax, phone, copiers)
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk. Stands and walks throughout the day
- Uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours or more each day
- Requires clear vision at 20 inches or less with or without corrective lenses and vision sufficient to use equipment and drive a car safely
- Hearing and speech within normal ranges and sufficient for clear communication face to face and on the telephone
- Lifts up to 10 pounds regularly and 25 pounds occasionally
- Exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels
RevHubOC was incorporated in 2019 with seed capital from several Orange County-based social investors. Their proven track record in charitable giving, business, finance, and social enterprise compelled them to create a better mechanism to fund and sustain social enterprises both at home and around the world.
The result was a collaborative ecosystem of like-minded individuals, where both “founders and funders” are able to accelerate the impact of nascent social enterprises. Since Day One, the goal has been to equip and connect social entrepreneurs and social investors alike, addressing their joint objective to narrow the divide between the efficiency and scale of pure market-based business models and the social impact of traditional philanthropic/non-profit organizations.
Thanks to RevHubOC for offering this local job opportunity, the details, and the graphic!
Is your company hiring in Orange County? Submit your job listings here.
WHAT’S YOUR NEWS? - Submit your company news, deals, opinions, or job listings here for FREE PUBLICITY.
OR, WHAT DO YOU THINK? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!