An Orange County startup is hiring!
Check out this new local Incubation Navigator job opportunity from RevHubOC :
RevHubOC is looking for a Incubation Navigator to join their team!
We are seeking an experienced Incubation Navigator to lead our incubation program for social enterprises - the first of its kind in Orange County. The Incubation Navigator will lead all operations of the incubator program, taking a strong sense of ownership and accountability for the program’s operation, assessment, improvement, and success. This position will be responsible for ensuring that our incubation program is tailored to the unique needs of social enterprises, and that it provides the necessary support for our incubated ventures to be impact and investment ready upon completion of the program.
This position will play a critical role in building the social enterprise ecosystem in Orange County and help create illuminated pathways and zero barriers to entrepreneurship, especially social entrepreneurship, for underrepresented, under-resourced communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide mentorship and guidance to social entrepreneurs, helping them navigate challenges, capitalize on opportunities, and leverage available program resources
- Ensure program participants attend required programming, meet deliverables, and successfully complete the program
- Develop a pipeline of promising social entrepreneurs to participate in the program
- Manage yearly program calendar with opportunities to provide incubated ventures access to the larger entrepreneurial ecosystem
- In coordination with the Hub Director, implement a comprehensive incubation program for social enterprises, including program design, curriculum development, operational plans, and evaluation methods
- Support in the development of external content to highlight RevHubOC and the work being done in the incubator
- Provide insights into impact and investment readiness to Hub Director and RevFund team, and support due diligence
- In collaboration with the Advisor Navigator, assist advisors and volunteers in program engagement, specifically supporting incubated ventures with our advisor network
- Remain current on issues and innovation within the social enterprise and startup space and leverage the knowledge for program assessment and improvement
- Implement alumni engagement opportunities to ensure continued mentorship and support
- Perform other duties as assigned
- In partnership with the RevHubOC team, develop and maintain partnerships with entrepreneurial support organizations such as incubators, accelerators, government programs, and investor groups, as well as service providers such as law-firms and accountants for the purpose of increasing access to resources and support to our incubated ventures
- Attend relevant conferences and networking events to increase pipeline of potential ventures, advisors, and partnerships
- In collaboration with the Advisor Navigator, assist in the recruitment of advisors and volunteers
Financial and Reporting
- Track and report on program outcomes, including the success of the incubated social enterprises
- Track and report on program budget and manage relationships with paid contractors
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, entrepreneurship or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in the startup environment preferred
- Proven track record of successfully managing and delivering programs preferred
- Familiar with the startup ecosystem
- Experience as a founder or operator at a Pre-Seed or Seed stage startup, preferred
- Passion for social entrepreneurship and a commitment to driving social change
- Entrepreneurial. Works well in dynamic environment with limited resources.
- Excellent teamwork, collaboration, and operational management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a deep understanding of cultural competency and the ability to engage with diverse communities
- Strong project management skills, with an ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Strong facilitation skills
COMPUTER & EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
- Has good general knowledge of computer operations; uses a keyboard and calculator proficiently and with a high degree of accuracy
- Uses Microsoft Office Word, Power Point, and Excel as well as Internet and email programs proficiently
- Uses typical office equipment (i.e., fax, phone, copiers)
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk. Stands and walks throughout the day
- Uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours or more each day
- Requires clear vision at 20 inches or less with or without corrective lenses and vision sufficient to use equipment and drive a car safely
- Hearing and speech within normal ranges and sufficient for clear communication face to face and on the telephone
- Lifts up to 10 pounds regularly and 25 pounds occasionally
- Exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels
RevHubOC was incorporated in 2019 with seed capital from several Orange County-based social investors. Their proven track record in charitable giving, business, finance, and social enterprise compelled them to create a better mechanism to fund and sustain social enterprises both at home and around the world.
The result was a collaborative ecosystem of like-minded individuals, where both “founders and funders” are able to accelerate the impact of nascent social enterprises. Since Day One, the goal has been to equip and connect social entrepreneurs and social investors alike, addressing their joint objective to narrow the divide between the efficiency and scale of pure market-based business models and the social impact of traditional philanthropic/non-profit organizations.
Thanks to RevHubOC for offering this local job opportunity, the details, and the graphic!
Is your company hiring in Orange County? Submit your job listings here.
WHAT’S YOUR NEWS? - Submit your company news, deals, opinions, or job listings here for FREE PUBLICITY.
OR, WHAT DO YOU THINK? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!